Each child has it’s own unique potential that will flourish in an environment that embraces nature, is rich in developmentally appropriate materials, and whose atmosphere encourages children to collaborate with other children, parents, and teachers. Lakewood Avenue Children’s School expertly combines these elements to create just this kind of environment.
Lakewood Avenue Children’s School strives to provide the highest quality early childhood program that meets the needs of the children, parents, and staff who make up the school family.
For Children, the School provides:
- A stable, well-educated teaching staff ensuring high-quality, consistent care and education for children.
- Low teacher-child ratios, ensuring a multitude of opportunities for meaningful interaction.
- A rich, innovative curriculum to stimulate children’s development to its fullest potential across all developmental domains.
- An intimate, home-like environment rich with opportunities to support children’s learning.
For Parents, the School provides:
- A daily schedule and a yearly calendar that are responsive to the needs of working parents.
- Ongoing written and face-to-face communication with teachers through notes, portfolios, informal daily meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- Opportunities for involvement in the life of the school through classroom visits, field trips and school-wide events.
For Teachers, the School provides:
- The highest level of compensation possible, including health and dental insurance, and professional development opportunities.
- A program that is responsive to teacher input, in which creativity, innovation, and change are supported.
- An atmosphere in which teachers are encouraged to excel as collaborators, provocateurs and knowledge-sharers.